flo is a data workflow utility that is specifically designed to enable rapid iteration and development of complex data pipelines. Its command line interface and task configuration have many features that make flo ideal for developing data workflows, among them:
- flo hashes the state of each file that it monitors to make it amenible to working with how most distributed version control systems work.
- flo times each step of the analysis, making it easy to determine how long any particular run will take before flo does anything.
- flo comes with command line autocompletion builtin, making it easy to evaluate your options quickly in the terminal.
- flo‘s task configuration is written in YAML, making it easy to read and write without having to know an archaic language (sorry make, its not you, its me).
- flo is written in python, which is a native language to most data-savvy users to make it as easy as possible to maintain by the community.
If you’re sold, get started. If not, read on: